Chinese Kung-fu Club of DeKalb Member Information and Rules
- Classes are from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- A yearly fee of $75 is required for rank and special certificates, payable by each February.
- Member information (phone, address) should be updated as necessary and given to the secretary so that students can be easily contacted by SiFu.
- A member must have SiFu's permission prior to bringing a guest to class.
- On occasion, members will be offered the opportunity to participate in specialized clinics. Fees will be charged for this and deadlines established to expedite the payment of these fees. Payment of class dues must be up-to-date to participate in a clinic.
- If there are problems with the classes or workouts, feel free to talk with any SiFu.
- There is monthly Class dues, In addition there is a deposit fee for new members. Special student and part-time rates are available.
- Dues must be paid to the secretary in full the ( 1st or the 15th of each month ) before each workout month. Payments can be made before class, during class break or after class only.
- A $15 penalty will be charged for a check that is returned.
- It is your obligation to make sure you are marked "PAID" each month in the secretary's payment book.
- The Arbitrator will be notified when a member is one week late in making a payment.
- There will be a $5 late charge for payments received 14 days after payment due date. If you are 30 days or more delinquent on paying your dues, you may be dismissed from the club. Members reinstated to the club after dismissal for nonpayment of dues will be required to pay a 1 month deposit with the first month's dues.
- Maintain an accurate record of the members of the club, including their names, current addresses, phone numbers, email addresses (if applicable), and academic status (student or non-student).
- Collect and record all monies from the members, including the costs for dues, clinics, t-shirts, pants, uniforms and weapons.
- Be notified by the secretary when a club member has been one week delinquent in making payments.
- Handle all disciplinary actions as deemed appropriate by SiFu Berry.
- Maintain member emails and the club group account.
- Update the official club website.
- Organize clinics and other yearly events.
- Function as the club's representative to the Student Association and maintain compliance with SA regulations.
- You must show respect for your workout area. When entering or leaving the workout area, you must bow in and out. Intentional destruction of public or personal property in or around the workout area will result in immediate dismissal.
- Club members will show mutual respect for each other at all times inside and outside of class. No swearing, foul language, arguing or derogatory comments are allowed during class and no disrespect to the female members.
- No extra talking or socializing during class workouts. Class is from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. During this time, you should only be thinking of Kung-Fu and what your group is working on.
- There is no smoking or drinking alcohol in class at anytime.
- Club equipment is to be used during class time only with a SiFu's approval.
- Be on time for class. It is a good idea to be ready and warmed up before class to avoid injuries.
- If you will be over 20 minutes late for class, don't bother to show up, unless you have already notified SiFu, or asked a classmate to inform him that you will be late or absent from a class.
- Being late for class or being absent on a regular basis can only be okayed by SiFu.
- Part-time member status must be Okayed by SiFu only.
- Only SiFu can authorize a leave-of-absence.
- All members are expected to wear clean, neat workout clothes during class.
- Beginning members (6 months or less) should wear sweat pants and a black T-shirt. Advanced students should wear black Kung-Fu pants and the club or black T's. Black color T-shirts can be purchased by members who have learned their first form or have been in class for 6 months or more. Cost is $1
- Colored dragon T-shirts are available only to advanced students for $25.
- T-shirts must be paid for in full when ordering.
- Orders for uniforms, equipment and weapons are not final until payment is made in full, no exceptions. Due dates for payment will be established to expedite orders.
- No one is allowed to handle any weapon in class without the SiFu's permission.
- Do not use other member's weapons without their permission.
- If you have not been trained to use a weapon, then you have no reason to handle it.
- It is the member's responsibility to guarantee the fitness of equipment and weapons.
- Members are accountable for misusing dangerous and unlawful weapons outside of class.
Tournament Participation and Attendance
- All students participating in tournaments must have SiFu's approval two weeks prior to the tournament.
- Your dues must be paid up to date before entering a tournament.
- Members must supply their own uniform and equipment (including mouthpiece, pads, protection cup, etc.).
- Tournament dress code is a black Kung-Fu top with white cuffs, a sash the color of your rank and black Kung-Fu pants. Club T-shirts can be worn when sparring. Advanced students are allowed a white Kung-Fu top with black Kung-Fu pants (the Yin & Yang look).
- It is suggested that all club members attending tournaments as spectators wear club shirts.
- Remember that you are a representative of the Chinese Kung-Fu Club of DeKalb.
Back to top
CONSTITUTION - FINAL VERSION – SEPTEMBER
THE CHINESE KUNG-FU CLUB OF DEKALB
Article I. Name
The Chinese Kung-Fu club of DeKalb shall be the only rightful name of this
student association recognized organization, with out any other abbreviations
Article II. Purpose/Aims
The purpose of the Chinese Kung-Fu club of DeKalb is to provide and safe and
friendly organization to study and practice the art and history of China’s
military and cultural legacies to the best of our ability. Our goals include
preparing our members for living a healthy and fulfilling life with the tools
to deal with the everyday trials and tribulations of life.
Article III. Membership
Section 1. Membership for the Chinese Kung-Fu club of DeKalb is typically
held at the beginning of every semester. There are no rules for eligibility
to enter the club other then the desire to learn and interact in a friendly
but serious manor.
Section 2. Current members of the Chinese Kung-Fu club of DeKalb are expected
to be upstanding members of the community. Members are expected to show up
to a majority, two-thirds, of all meetings held through out the year.
Article IV. Executive Board/Officers/Faculty Advisor
Section 1. The executive board for the Chinese Kung-Fu club of DeKalb shall
include a president, vice president, secretary, and a treasurer.
Section 2. While in office the executive board is expected to perform all of
their responsibilities to the best of their abilities and be members in good
A. President. The president shall find a suitable meeting place, over see all
of the meetings held though out the year and attend any mandatory student association
meetings, as well as sign off on an account for the club.
B. Vice President. The vice president shall over see all of the meetings held
though out the year and attend any mandatory student association meetings that
the president may not be able to attend.
C. Secretary. The secretary shall keep a list of current members in the Chinese
Kung-fu club of DeKalb.
D. Treasurer. The treasurer shall sign off on an account for the club.
Section 3. The faculty advisor shall attend a minimum of one-fourth of the meetings
held through out the year and has the sole power to remove a person who is not
abiding by the policies listed in Article II, section 2.
Section 4. There are no special requirements for the executive board members
other then being a full time student at Northern Illinois University.
Article V. Elections
Section 1. Nominations
A. Eligibility. All current members of the Chinese Kung-fu club of DeKalb are
B. Procedure. Nominations are held at the beginning of the fall semester every
year. Members are allowed to nominate themselves with out a second.
Section 2. Voting
A. Eligibility. All current members of the Chinese Kung-fu club of DeKalb are
B. Procedure. The voting will occur at the beginning of the fall semester and
be done by a show of hands.
Article VI. Meetings
Section 1. The meetings shall occur every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday from
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm through out the year at a location chosen by the president
and vice present. Every meeting will be lead by the president who will see to
the study and practice the art and history of chinese kung-fu.
Section 2. Members are expected to maintain a friendly and open attitude during
the meeting and contribute as much as possible. Any member who is not friendly
or delinquent in showing up to meetings will be warned and if further problems
persist they may be asked to leave the organization by the faculty advisor.
Article VII. Amendments
Any Amendments to this constitution must be voted upon by two-thirds of the
current members of the Chinese Kung-fu club of DeKalb at one of the regularly
The Chinese Kung-Fu Club of DeKalb
2300 Sycamore Road, Suite 88
Dekalb Illinois 60115-3715
Home What is Kung-Fu Kung-Fu Styles School History Grand Master
Links Club PhotosClub Info and RulesSifu Arthur Berry Certified Instructors
Events and Clinics
First Impressions Best