Chinese Kung-fu Club of DeKalb Member Information and Rules
- Classes are from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- A yearly fee of $75 is required for rank and special certificates, payable by each February.
- Member information (phone, address) should be updated as necessary and given to the secretary so that students can be easily contacted by SiFu.
- A member must have SiFu's permission prior to bringing a guest to class.
- On occasion, members will be offered the opportunity to participate in specialized clinics. Fees will be charged for this and deadlines established to expedite the payment of these fees. Payment of class dues must be up-to-date to participate in a clinic.
- If there are problems with the classes or workouts, feel free to talk with any SiFu.
- there is monthly Class dues, In addition there is a deposit fee for new members. Special student and part-time rates are available.
- Dues must be paid to the secretary in full the ( 1st or the 15th of each month ) before each workout month. Payments can be made before class, during class break or after class only.
- A $15 penalty will be charged for a check that is returned.
- It is your obligation to make sure you are marked "PAID" each month in the secretary's payment book.
- The Arbitrator will be notified when a member is one week late in making a payment.
- There will be a $5 late charge for payments received 14 days after payment due date. If you are 30 days or more delinquent on paying your dues, you may be dismissed from the club. Members reinstated to the club after dismissal for nonpayment of dues will be required to pay a 1 month deposit with the first month's dues.
- Maintain an accurate record of the members of the club, including their names, current addresses, phone numbers, email addresses (if applicable), and academic status (student or non-student).
- Collect and record all monies from the members, including the costs for dues, clinics, t-shirts, pants, uniforms and weapons.
- Be notified by the secretary when a club member has been one week delinquent in making payments.
- Handle all disciplinary actions as deemed appropriate by SiFu Berry.
- Maintain member emails and the club group account.
- Update the official club website.
- Organize clinics and other yearly events.
- Function as the club's representative to the Student Association and maintain compliance with SA regulations.
- You must show respect for your workout area. When entering or leaving the workout area, you must bow in and out. Intentional destruction of public or personal property in or around the workout area will result in immediate dismissal.
- Club members will show mutual respect for each other at all times inside and outside of class. No swearing, foul language, arguing or derogatory comments are allowed during class and no disrespect to the female members.
- No extra talking or socializing during class workouts. Class is from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. During this time, you should only be thinking of Kung-Fu and what your group is working on.
- There is no smoking or drinking alcohol in class at anytime.
- Club equipment is to be used during class time only with a SiFu's approval.
- Be on time for class. It is a good idea to be ready and warmed up before class to avoid injuries.
- If you will be over 20 minutes late for class, don't bother to show up, unless you have already notified SiFu, or asked a classmate to inform him that you will be late or absent from a class.
- Being late for class or being absent on a regular basis can only be okayed by SiFu.
- Part-time member status must be Okayed by SiFu only.
- Only SiFu can authorize a leave-of-absence.
- All members are expected to wear clean, neat workout clothes during class.
- Beginning members (6 months or less) should wear sweat pants and a black T-shirt. Advanced students should wear black Kung-Fu pants and the club or black T's. Black color T-shirts can be purchased by members who have learned their first form or have been in class for 6 months or more. Cost is $1
- Colored dragon T-shirts are available only to advanced students for $25.
- T-shirts must be paid for in full when ordering.
- Orders for uniforms, equipment and weapons are not final until payment is made in full, no exceptions. Due dates for payment will be established to expedite orders.
- No one is allowed to handle any weapon in class without the SiFu's permission.
- Do not use other member's weapons without their permission.
- If you have not been trained to use a weapon, then you have no reason to handle it.
- It is the member's responsibility to guarantee the fitness of equipment and weapons.
- Members are accountable for misusing dangerous and unlawful weapons outside of class.
Tournament Participation and Attendance
- All students participating in tournaments must have SiFu's approval two weeks prior to the tournament.
- Your dues must be paid up to date before entering a tournament.
- Members must supply their own uniform and equipment (including mouthpiece, pads, protection cup, etc.).
- Tournament dress code is a black Kung-Fu top with white cuffs, a sash the color of your rank and black Kung-Fu pants. Club T-shirts can be worn when sparring. Advanced students are allowed a white Kung-Fu top with black Kung-Fu pants (the Yin & Yang look).
- It is suggested that all club members attending tournaments as spectators wear club shirts.
- Remember that you are a representative of the Chinese Kung-Fu Club of DeKalb.
Back to top
Master Club PhotosClub Info and Rules
Arthur Berry Certified
and Clinics Links